I want to get some real code in this weekend; however, I'm not sure
yet exactly how brutal the next work week will be. If next week will
be light, I want to throw my weight behind Operations. If it will be
another long week, I want to work on a few simpler things ... which
means I need some quickie server op input.
Things on the plate:
1) Configurable defection settings
- units lost [% or flat]
- max units lost [flat, in conjuntion w/ % above only]
- Cbills lost [flat or %]
- Technicians lost [flat or %]
- Influence lost [flat or %]
2) Add support for the "Plastic" and "Notes" themes (a jgoodies.com
freebie theme. Plastic, Notes and Kunstoff (sp?) are the three most
popular "free" java look and feels. All are licensed for commercial
and non-commercial binary redistribution, so far as I know. I'll
double check before packaging.). If anyone knows of other, high
quality, Look and Feel sets, I'd add them as well. I expect the total
increase in zipped package size w/ the 2 LAFs to be about 80k.
3) Limiter improvements. Although my personal inclination is to just
remove the damn things, the mini-revolt on fishslayer's forums may
need to be addressed. If configurable limiters (max positive unit
difference, max negative unit difference, etc.) and improved
input/output (ie - better input for the lmiters, so you state the
number youre willing to face, not the offset) would make them more
palatable to th eoperators, I'll start coding in options.
4) Automated disconnection handling. This is still a complex patch,
but considerably less challenging than the full Operations suite.
Simply put, keep a table which holds "dead" tasks cancelled as the
result of a disconnection. Run a simple timer on each entry, and once
it expires, autoreport the task. Questions here are how to draw out
damaged units from hosts while running, and how to report when the
host is the disocnnector.
5) Whatever else you throw at me. Small jobs are never bad.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.