Autoscan Creating Odd, Shifting Containers

Help
M H
2012-06-29
2013-05-30
  • M H

    M H - 2012-06-29

    I've set up an autoscan directory in the config.xml file on my Ubuntu (I think it's 10.10 or 11.10) on my local ext4 file system, thus:-

    <directory location="/data/Films" mode="inotify" recursive="yes" hidden-files="no"/>
    

    but it seems to be producing odd results.  I cleared down the database of the old stuff that didn't seem to work, put that in the config then restarted.
    The file structure for the video files is /data/Films/Film-name/Film-files so each is in its own directory under the Film directory.
    Most of the files appeared, in the mediatomb web client, under DataBase-Video-Directories-Films-FilmDirName as I expected, but a few appeared under DataBase-Video-Directories-FilmDirName , so in their respective directories, but at the same level as the Films container rather than within the Films container.  I moved (using mv in BASH) those problem directories off to another location, hoping the iNotify would remove them, so I could later move them back, but then something very odd happened.  When I refreshed the web client a whole bunch of the other directory containers had moved from within DataBase-Video-Directories-Films to DataBase-Video-Directories .
    Any idea why this happened? Should they all be under DataBase-Video-Directories-Films ?  I also have separate "TV" and "Training Videos" directories I also want to autoscan, so the structure would hopefully be:-
    Database
    -Videos
    ---Directories
    ----Films
    -----Film1
    -----Film2
    -----Film3
    ----TV
    -----Show 1 Series 1
    -----Show 1 Series 2
    -----Show 2 Series 1
    ----Training Videos
    -----Date 1
    -----Date 2

    but I wanted to start by getting the Films working.  Is inotify too flaky to use, or is there something I've done wrong or missed out?  I'd rather use inotify than a scheduled scan, if at all possible.
    Cheers - MH

     
  • Gregory Smith

    Gregory Smith - 2013-02-04

    I am having exactly the same problem. Some files are Video/Directories/tv/Dirname (as on disk) but about 10% are in Video/Directories/Dirname.  Mostly these are the newer ones, but this is not consistent, and  I've tried clearing the database and re-adding (I use a timed full scan),

    I've looked in the database, and the view there seems to match exactly what I see ; only interesting thing is that the two instances of 'Dirname' (with two different parent_id, each containing its own subset of the actual files) have the same update_id value.

    I'm running ubuntu 12.04 and mediatomb 0.12.1-0ubuntu4  on x86_64.

     

Log in to post a comment.