"Browse Filesystem" always gives error

Help
blafasel42
2006-07-28
2013-05-30
  • blafasel42

    blafasel42 - 2006-07-28

    Hi,

    just started using mediatomb (and pretty much like it) but encountered an oddity in the web interface. As soon as I click on "Browse Filesystem" I receive the following error:

    "
    XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
    Location: http://192.168.176.254:50555/content/interface?req_type=browse&object_id=-1&starting_index=0&driver=2&requested_count=&sid=730a525fff7d25fe280531f3cd4f9d1b
    Line Number 210, Column 17:      <dc:title></dc:title>
    ----------------^
    "

    Does anybody know what causes this ?

    Thanks in advance

     
    • Jin

      Jin - 2006-07-31

      From what you pasted I can see a 0x01 ASCII character in the <dc:title>, it was not visible on the web in the forums but I can see it in the e-mail.

      I think that this is causing the error - we probably fail to recognize and escape/handle this character when we browse the filesystem, as a result an invalid XML file is produced.

      For the time being I would suggest that you rename the file in question. I will put it on the buglist.

      Thanks for the report,
      Jin

       
      • blafasel42

        blafasel42 - 2006-07-31

        Thanks for your reply.

        I'd gladly rename the file if I had any idea which one that would be ;)
        I'll have a look in the logfile to find out the file in question.

         
    • Jin

      Jin - 2006-07-31

      hehe, I understand the dilemma ;)

      well, figure out in which directory this is happening. then do an "ls -all" and look at the files, either you have a file that looks like an empty space, or maybe a file that starts with an empty space, just that this "space" is a 0x01 and not 0x20

      must be something like that.. :)

       
    • blafasel42

      blafasel42 - 2006-07-31

      Ok, found the file in question. It was a file, which VDR's mplayer plugin annoyingly created in earlier versions. But I did not find it where I suspected it (in the root directory which I set in the config.xml) but in the root of the whole filesystem "/".

      Additionally during browsing my MP3 collection it turned out that single quotes (') seem to make problems, either.

      Thanks for your help anyway, keep up the good work  :)

       
    • Jin

      Jin - 2006-07-31

      well, "Browse Filesystem" browses "/", and that's where the error happened in your case.

      I was not aware of the single quotes problem, I think we have to look at the whole filesystem browser code again.

      let me know if you encounter any other problems :)

      thanks!
      Jin

       
      • blafasel42

        blafasel42 - 2006-07-31

        Well, I surely will ;)

        In the meantime I'm also highly interested in getting the TG100 to work with mediatomb. May I be of any assist ?

        BR
        Karsten

         
    • Jin

      Jin - 2006-07-31

      I am in contact with Stefan (hagie@sf) regarding the TG100, I think he even sent me one ethereal log that was made by you?

      We identified one possible factor why the device is not playing, but we do not know for sure yet. My first guess was a problem with the mimetypes (in your log the .avi file had a mimetype of video/x-ms-wmv, while the file was actually a video/x-ms-avi, however, Stefan tried several mimetype settings and told me that this was not the problem.

      The other difference that I could see from the HTTP requests was, that MediaTomb did not provide the "Accept-Range: bytes" header in the HTTP response - so it is possible that the TG100 is choking on this.

      I told Stefan where to patch libupnp just to test this theory, if you are willing you can also try this (he did not know if he has time for it today). Just tell me and I will give you the details.

      Greetings,
      Jin

       

Log in to post a comment.