Mediatomb and power saving

Help
Anonymous
2010-11-14
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous - 2010-11-14

Hi,
    I installed mediatomb some days ago and have everything running (except for import.js, which isn´t available anymore). One problem is left though: after one hour of inactivity, the computer is put into "sleep mode" to save energy.
    Unfortunately this also happens while Mediatomb is streaming and transcoding my flac files to the media renderer.
    Is there a way to avoid this? i mean of course apart from turning the sleep mode off.

And the second point is similar, is it possible that the media renderer wakes up the pc/mediatomb? I guess this only would work if I get a network card which supports WOL by physical activity. Magic packet would work with my machine, but the media renderer is not able to send a magic packet.

thanks,
    Walli

• Jin

Jin - 2010-11-21

Uhm, that's strange of course, when you do streaming data is read from the harddisk, seems this does not qualify as "activity"? I doubt I can help you here, you need to find out how your software that triggers sleep modes wants to be notified of activity events and so on.. You have even less chances to tell your mediarenderer to wake up your PC - it would have to support it in the firmware which is very unlikely, and since those players are usually "black boxes" with proprietary firmware, you won't be able to add such a feature yourself.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks