2 problemas: Philips TV and partitions

Help
ceciliasp
2012-12-17
2013-05-30
  • ceciliasp

ceciliasp - 2012-12-17

Hi, I'm new at Mediatomb and also new at my new smart tv. It's a Philips 6000 series led.
    My laptop runs Ubuntu 12.04.01 LTS and my connected to a TP Link WA701ND router.
    My TV can connect to the network, and my notebook is connected also but I can't make the tv to detect the computer.-

The other problem I am having is that  I can't add partitions to the mediatomb database. I have a partition where I keep all my media and I get a "Error: could not list directory /media/Musica y Películas : Permission denied" msg.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cecilia
    Argentina

• Nixblicker

Nixblicker - 2012-12-19

Hola Cecilia,

my first guess with your second problem would be, that there is something wrong with the permissions of the mount in media.Well it kinda says so in the error message, doesn't it :).

Probably you could post/check the permissions set for your media partition. Can you read/write to it generally? What kid of filesystem is it? ext or such?

Btw., are you running it as a daemon or from the console? As user or as root?

I ask that, because I also installed mediatomb on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine with the intention to just start it when its needed. But i realized that the installation starts a root daemon itself and i cant prevent it to do so (even not by setting the option in /etc/default/mediatomb). But I was not able to add media to it neither.
    So after every reboot I happen to have two instances of MT running, what is kinda annoying and not intended.
    Do you experience a similar behaviour? Does MT also get auto-started in your setup?

Cheers y saludos,
    Nix