Mediatomb 0.10 SubtitlesNotFoundException

Help
ansher
2007-10-23
2013-05-30
  • ansher

ansher - 2007-10-23

Hello,

I have managed to install mediatomb 0.10 package on my router (DD-WRT V.24). It starts great and my media player detects it properly. I can access web interface and add/remove media content. My media player sees the content and I can browse directories. However once I attempt to playback any video file, mediatomb crashes immediately by exception: 'SubtitlesNotFoundException' . I have searched net for exceptions and only found that it exists in Mediatomb's source code exceptions.h , however there is no any documentation pinpointing to what is the real problem. I have used default configuration, did not add anything to config.xml .

Hope developers can help.

Thanks,

Andriy

• Jin

Jin - 2007-10-23

Hi,

I have a suspicion... does your environment support exceptions? We had that problem on the ASUS WL500-g and had to give up because of it.

Please try compiling this small test code and see how it works:
      http://www.deadlock.dhs.org/jin/mt/extest.cc

The correct output should be: "An exception occurred. Exception Nr. 20"
      If instead you get "aborted" or nothing then we have a problem - we often use exceptions in MediaTomb, and of course we catch them, but on some systems (could be a uclibc++ configuration issue) catching excpetions does not work - and then the whole program aborts.

The SubtitlesNotFoundException simply indicates that the renderer (you probably have a D-Link DSM-xxx) requested subtitles for a particular video file but no subtitles are available (this can be safely ignored). Usually the exception is caught and information is printed in the console - that's it.

Please tell me the results of extest.cc

Kind regards,
      Jin

• ansher

ansher - 2007-10-23

Thanks Jin, I am going to compile extest.cc and let you know. I also going to try Optware unstable branch since some issues with exceptions already been addressed.

• ansher

ansher - 2007-10-25

Hi Jin,
      I have installed development environment on my DD-WRT box. gcc complied fine helloworld.c . However when I attempt to compile your code I get this:

/opt/src/hello # gcc -o extest extest.cc
      /tmp/ccCfFX8w.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
      extest.cc:(.text+0x54): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x94): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
      /tmp/ccCfFX8w.o: In function `main':
      extest.cc:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `std::cout'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x1a4): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x1bc): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x1c0): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& (*)(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&))'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x1d8): undefined reference to `__cxa_allocate_exception'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x1fc): undefined reference to `typeinfo for int'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x204): undefined reference to `__cxa_throw'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x244): undefined reference to `__cxa_begin_catch'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x264): undefined reference to `std::cout'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x274): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x290): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(int)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x2a8): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x2ac): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& (*)(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&))'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x2c4): undefined reference to `__cxa_end_catch'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x2dc): undefined reference to `std::cout'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x2ec): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::operator<< <std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x304): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::endl<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x308): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& (*)(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&))'
      extest.cc:(.text+0x338): undefined reference to `__cxa_end_catch'
      /tmp/ccCfFX8w.o:(.gcc_except_table+0x24): undefined reference to `typeinfo for int'
      /tmp/ccCfFX8w.o:(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Is there anything I am doing wrong when compile this code ?
      Thanks,
      Andiry.

• Jin

Jin - 2007-10-25

Use g++, not gcc :>

• ansher

ansher - 2007-10-25

/opt/src/hello # ./extest
      Exception test
      terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
      Aborted
      /opt/src/hello #

• Leo

Leo - 2007-10-25

Hi "ansher"!

"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'"
        This is the case Jin suspected: Your platform doesn't support exceptions. This seems to be problem with uclibc++. MediaTomb won't run without exceptions.

greets
        Leo

• Jin

Jin - 2007-10-27

Yep, that's too bad.. well; from what I learned it is possible to compile uclibc++ with support for exceptions... but I guess it's better to ask the DD-WRT devs about that, I have little knowledge about the details in that regard.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• ansher

ansher - 2007-10-28

Hi Jin,

Thanks for your help, my native compiling envionment is quite buggy at the moment.

<built-in>:0: internal compiler error: Illegal instruction
        Please submit a full bug report,
        with preprocessed source if appropriate.
        See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Once I am able to compile patched uclibc I will let you know.

Andriy.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks