FC5 - start errors

Help
bbh_mb
2006-04-23
2013-05-30
  • bbh_mb

bbh_mb - 2006-04-23

Hi,

Wonder if you could assist with this please...

I've performed a fresh install of the sqlite rpm on fc5  (mediatomb-0.8.1-1.sqlite3.fc5) but I receive the following errrors when trying to start mediatomb for the first time:

# sudo /etc/init.d/mediatomb start

Applying multicast settings to wlan0... Starting mediatomb: /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /usr/bin/rhgb-client: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've also downloaded the fc5 patch but at this time I can't find the correct directory to run the patch in. Is the fc5 patch the fix for this problem, if so - where to run it from?

If the patch isn't required any other help/pointers etc gratefully received! :-)

Many thanks for any assistance,
    Mark.

ps: Have also installed the following libjs rpm:
    libjs-1.5rc4-3

• Jin

Jin - 2006-04-23

That's interesting... it looks like it can not find the libraries. I have to make some tests on my FC5 installation, I'll come back to you.

The FC5 patch is only to fix compilation problems, so this is a completely new issue.

Thanks for the report,
      Jin

• bbh_mb

bbh_mb - 2006-04-23

Jin,

Thanks very much. Look forward to an update...

Cheers,
      Mark.

• Jin

Jin - 2006-04-26

OK... I do not have a solution yet, but I know what is triggering the FC5 problem.

In the MediaTomb startup script we are making the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 setting. Without this libupnp initialization was always failing when we tried to run the server in daemon mode. Unfortunately, this setting causes the problem that you were describing on FC5.

There is a second thread regarding the daemon problem, there's also some information there, but unfortunately no solution.

Since the problem is not in the MediaTomb sources but in the upnp library, I will have to debug and patch it.

Greetings,
        Jin

• bbh_mb

bbh_mb - 2006-04-27

Hi Jin,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to have caused you this pain! :-)

I'll keep an eye out for updates as & when...in the meantime - thanks for providing a great piece of software. It worked like a dream under FC4 , so I'm sure once you get to the bottom of this it'll be as good as that on FC5!

Cheers,
      Mark.

• Jin

Jin - 2006-04-27

No need to feel sorry - thank you for the bugreport!
        There are lots of different platforms, distributions and configurations out there, so we rely on the feedback and help of our users :)

I hope we can get this one fixed :>

Greetings,
        Jin