I have a Philips smart tv which, like many others, plays mkv files except if it has DTS audio then only the video is displayed.
I can set up the transcoding script using avconv - it already works the way the documentations says to test it (with a pipe) but I can't get mediatomb to start the actual transcoding. I tried adding like this:
<transcode mimetype="video/x-matroska" using="mtt" />
<profile name="mtt" enabled="yes" type="external">
<agent command="/home/bin/mtt" arguments="%in %out" />
<buffer size="10485760" chunk-size="131072" fill-size="2621440"/>
But mediatomb just serves the original file. So then I thought I make up some random extension and make mediatomb transcode it, like this:
<map from="fls" to="video/transcode"/>
<treat mimetype="video/transcode" as="lfs"/>
<transcode mimetype="video/transcode" using="mtt" />
But this also does nothing. In the TV the file appears as some-file.lfs but the TV plays it as an mkv with the unrecognized audio format.
I need help please, because I'm out of ideas. I want to keep the output in mkv format because I don't want to transcode the video and I want to add text subtitles too.
I'm answering my own question for anyone who stumbles upon this thread, the answer was all along in the doc, and I should have thought of it. Mediatomb was serving the original file, so this should have been my first try:
I did some test in order to encode on the fly AVIs + srt (subtitle) to MKV : but it doesn't work.
As per some search I did, it seems MKV must be seekable ...
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.