I'm having trouble with MediaTomb and my Nokia 770.
Whenever I stream an audio track, the track abruptly stops about 30 seconds before the end. If I go through the web interface, I have the same problem streaming the audio - but I can get a clean download. I get this using either Media Streamer or Canola.
I've tested the Nokia using WMP11 from Vista and that has no problems playing.
Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there any way to test that the streaming is working properly? It's driving me mad!
I think you are experiencing a problem that I might have fixed in current SVN. I found a patch on maemo forums, it seems that libupnp has a bug related to chunked encoding, and the last chunk is not sent out properly.
If you feel like compiling it would be cool if you could test it with the latest dev code :>
The latest builds seem to be doing the trick! I've just listened to a few short tracks with no problems.
Kudos on a job well done - every other Linux streamer that I've tried has suffered from this bug.
And this is only the second linux program that I've ever compiled (in two years of Linux use).
Roll on the transcoding!
And cheers again.
Cool! Great to hear that the patch works! Actually we should thank Serge Nikitin, who posted the patch on the maemo forums.
Good job on the compiling! :)
Log in to post a comment.