Config Version 2 crashes Mediatomb

Help
2010-11-02
2013-05-30
  • Andrew Basti

Andrew Basti - 2010-11-02

I just did the mediatomb update to 0.12.1… I was previously running 0.12.0… When doing this update the first time I opened mediatomb it says the following…

2010-11-02 18:31:12    INFO: Checking configuration…
    2010-11-02 18:31:12    INFO: Migrating server configuration to config version 2
    2010-11-02 18:31:12    INFO: Migration of configuration successfull

Seems fine, but if I try to stream any videos or music it just locks up… my processor goes to about 54% and just sits there, I have to force quit mediatomb. Never starts transcoding videos, and just never starts playing audio files…

Now if I change the version back to 1, and then open up mediatomb 0.12.0 everything works great again…

I'm on a Mac Pro with Mac OS X 10.6.4… Should I just try to rebuild mediatomb? Any error logs I can send? Any help would be awesome…

• Jin

Jin - 2010-11-21

I doubt that it is related to the config version, it's probably one of the features or a bug in the 0.12 version. This version was never tested on OS X - we do not use any Apple hardware, so it's possible that there are some problems there. You could try to run MT with the -D optoin (will print more debug output), reproduce the problem and paste the log, but I am not sure if that will help, it would be interesting to compile MT with debug symbols and to attach a debugger when this hangup happens, then identify the part of the code that is hanging…

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks