Panasonic devices only see Mediatomb on start

Help
2012-11-11
2014-01-12
  • - 2012-11-11

Hi,

I'm running Mediatomb 0.12.0 on Debian Squeeze and I've two Panasonic devices in my household: a TX-P50VT50E TV and DMP-BDT320 BluRay-Player.

Both devices only see Mediatomb when I start it. I.e. I go into the DLNA section on either device and start Mediatomb on my Debian machine -> Mediatomb is immediately seen und I can play all the content.

However, when I leave the DLNA section and enter again or when I enter it after starting Mediatomb, it will never find Mediatomb.

Thanks for any help!

• Anonymous - 2012-12-29

Hi,
    although this is a little late reply, maybe this still helps you or others. I ran into the very same problem. A simple workaround is setting an <alive> option in the config file (e.g. <alive>180</alive>) to force a broadcast of mediatomb every e.g. 180 s. It still will not appear directly on startup of the TV but at least 180 s later latest.

Cheers!

• - 2014-01-12

I was, finally, able to solve my problem. I didn't use your advice with alive but I guess it would have been a way to work around it.

My problem was that I was running mediatomb within http://linux-vserver.org/ as a guest; with the default settings mediatomb was able to send out multicast requests but wasn't able to properly receive them. E.g. when I turn on the TV, the TV sends out a multicast to find devices: because the guest system never forwarded that message, mediatomb never received it, thus didn't respond and thus didn't show up on my TV.

All I had to do was to add a separate multicast interface to my vserver.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks