Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

AVIs and Sony BDP-S580

Help
Anonymous
2012-07-12
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous - 2012-07-12

    I'm having trouble getting my Sony Blu-Ray player to properly load and play AVI files. They play just fine off a USB key plugged into the machine, but when I try to load them from Mediatomb, it takes forever to load, and then I can't pause/rewind/etc. When I say it takes "forever", I measured one case at 12 minutes.

    MP4 files play with no issue, and transcoding is disabled (though the behaviour looks an awful lot like transcoding). The same files will play with on issue via Mediatomb + PS3. I have tried mapping avi to video/avi and video/divx, and neither seems to make a difference.

    Any thoughts? I had copy/pasted code from the debug log when I first tried posting this, but I kept getting a message that "this topic has been flagged as spam", so I gave up and am now posting from my work computer. The debug log didn't tell me much, there was just a 12 minute gap between lines. I believe the last line before the gap was something about "adding content disposition header".

     
  • BT

    BT - 2012-07-12

    When you changed the mimetype did you also re-import your files? The mimetype mapping is only set during import.

    If you don't require transcoding support you should try MiniDLNA instead.

     
  • Anonymous - 2012-07-13

    Thanks for the advice amak79. I completely forgot to re-import the files! Is there a particular mimetype mapping that you would recommend for sony blurays?

    If all else fails, I will take a look at MiniDLNA. I really like the scriptability of Mediatomb though and I've got it all set up to my liking, so I would still prefer to make that work.

     
  • BT

    BT - 2012-07-14

    I don't have any experience with Sony Blu-ray players. Other Sony products such as the PS3 accept both video/avi and video/divx. It might also accept video/x-msvideo but I'm not sure.

    You should also try adding the following to config.xml in the <server> section. I add it to allow my Samsung DLNA TV to work with MediaTomb.

        <custom-http-headers>
          <add header="transferMode.dlna.org: Streaming"/>
          <add header="contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01500000000000000000000000000000"/>
        </custom-http-headers>
    
     

Log in to post a comment.