PicklesDad - 2011-08-31

So I have Flac audio plus Panasonic and Canon RAW files displaying correctly, and I've moved onto video. I've found video from a Panasonic GH2 will play after the MTS extension was added to the config.xml, however Canon 5D2 MOV files will only play video with the words "audio unsupported" displayed. Googling I found the MOV files use PCM audio which the TV appears not to support.  I then used FFMPEG to move the H264 video into an mpegts container alongside the audio encoded into AC3, using the mediatomb-multifunctional script. The command that gets built is:

ffmpeg -acodec ac3 -ab 384k -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -f mpegts -y

If I do the conversion to an mpeg file beforehand, that file plays fine on the TV streamed from Mediatomb. If instead I play the MOV file on the fly via the mediatomb transcode option (with the same ffmeg command used to create the file) the video plays, but then begins to stutter. "top" shows the ffmpeg command is using around 4% CPU so it's not maxing out. I've tried assigning a larger mediatomb buffer but that makes no difference.

My profile for this transcode:

<profile name="multifunctional" enabled="yes" type="external">
        <mimetype>video/mpeg</mimetype>
        <first-resource>yes</first-resource>
        <hide-original-resource>yes</hide-original-resource>
        <agent command="/opt/bin/mediatomb-multifunctional" arguments="%in %out"/>
        <buffer size="57600000" chunk-size="128000" fill-size="10000000"/>
</profile>

I'd appreciate any thoughts.