Menu

Failed to stat

Help
2006-02-12
2013-05-30
  • Torsten Schlabach

Hi!

Sometimes when refreshing a filesystem directory, certain files are missing in the list of files displayed in the web browser.

Looking at the log it says:

2006-01-13 00:40:59 INFO: FsStorage: skipping /srv/smb/lemule1/emule/[www.webrecorder.tv] Das Traumschiff (43) - Thailand.mpg : Failed to stat /srv/smb/lemule1/emule/[www.webrecorder.tv] Das Traumschiff (43) - Thailand.mpg
    2006-01-13 00:40:59 INFO: FsStorage: skipping /srv/smb/lemule1/emule/Der Alte_3sat_11.Dezember.2005.22.57.01.mpg : Failed to stat /srv/smb/lemule1/emule/Der Alte_3sat_11.Dezember.2005.22.57.01.mpg
    2006-01-13 00:40:59 INFO: FsStorage: skipping /srv/smb/lemule1/emule/Der Alte Nachtmusik.mpg : Failed to stat /srv/smb/lemule1/emule/Der Alte Nachtmusik.mpg

Any idea what this means? Wo do these two very filed fail to stat?

The files are there, are not opened by anyone else and have the same access rights as other files in the same directory that show up properly.

Regards,
    Torsten

• Jin

Jin - 2006-02-13

hmm.. not sure. maybe the problem is somewhat similar to this: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1376220&forum_id=440750

but I really don't know, I will have to look at the files. Could you cut the file down to some small size and make it available for me? I am not interested in the content but in the filename, there must be some characters there that cause the problem.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• WAvKaunitz

WAvKaunitz - 2006-02-13

It cannot be about the filename.
        I renamed the file to xxx.mpg and the problem remained the same.
        Does Mediatomb try to open the file? I mean when browsing available files to add to the database, not when playing.
        I am not at home currently, but I can send the first  1 MB of the file or so once I will be back.

• Jin

Jin - 2006-02-15

You mean when importing stuff or when browsing the filesystem?

Can you send me this 1MB chunk so I can test?

Thank you,
      Jin

• Tolwin

Tolwin - 2006-03-24

Hello Jin,

i do have the same problem as Thorstan. Have you ever found a solution for that problem?

Regards,
        Sven

• Jin

Jin - 2006-03-24

Well, I think I might know what the problem is :) But the solution will take a while - is the file you are trying to add >2GB? If yes - we know why it does not work.

I will have to patch the UPnP SDK, but I will do that only after we move it into our source tree.

Right now I can not really tell any specific release date for the upcoming version, but if libupnp will be moved by that point chances are big that this issue gets fixed as well :>

Greetings,
      Jin

• Tolwin

Tolwin - 2006-03-24

Hmmm, Jin, could it be, that there is max. file size limit for the Web-Frontend (or the database)? I just splitted my 2,4 GB MPG in three 800 MB files and *voila* the files become visibile in the web-frontend.

... just as an idea.

Bye, Sven

• Jin

Jin - 2006-03-24

As I said, the 2GB limit everywhere - in libupnp and in the MediaTomb code. Actually I think there is a separate thread regarding the 2GB limit.

It is definetely something we want to fix, but again - libupnp has to be changed for this, and we want to do that as soon as we integrate the libupnp sources into our tree. (The idea is to be able to make any changes to libupnp without fear of breaking other applications, that is - MediaTomb will not link to the system wide upnp library)

Greetings,
      Jin