The UI of MediaTomb needs a Javascript ena...

Help
2007-10-02
2013-05-30
  • Paul Hoogsteder

Paul Hoogsteder - 2007-10-02

After installing MediaTomb from the repository on Ubuntu Feisty (7.04) I've succeeded adding my video files using the web interface. However if I access the UPnP server from a Pinnacle 200 or 1000 I get the error "The UI of MediaTomb needs a Javascript enabled browser." and error "404 Not Found".
    The port the Pinnacles use to access the UPnP is 49152 (same as the web interface) as described in par. 5.3 (Port) in the MediaTomb manual. What did I miss?

Paul.

• Jin

Jin - 2007-10-02

I guess the question is - is the Pinnacle a UPnP device? The Web UI is just an interface for managing server content and is not for player devices; in order to operate with MediaTomb the players must support the UPnP protocol / UPnP AV architecture.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• Paul Hoogsteder

Hi Jin,

the Pinnacle is indeed a UPnP device - the 200 is on the supported list. Just after I send my message I remembered that the Pinnacle has some kind of UPnP "auto search" facility (which has to be enabled by hand) - and that showed MediaTomb in the list along with an icon. <slams head against table>
      Don't know why it didn't work when I added the server manually...
      Now almost everything seems to work just fine, browsing the PC directories, playing audio and video, the only thing which doesn't work is the button "Video" - the Pinnacle seems to start loading the list, but it probably is way too big for the Pinnacles memory (400 GB of video files) so the the player crashes. If I go through the PC directories by hand everything works normally (but of course I didn't try putting all 400+ gigs in one long directory/list).

best regards,

Paul.

• Jin

Jin - 2007-10-02

Ah.. its even on the devlist hehe, sorry, did not have it in my head. I think the Pinnacle also supports the http based servers like Oxyl, so when I you added MT manually it probably thought that it is not dealing with a UPnP server.

As for the Video list - if your videos are organized or named in a specific manner you could probably write a custom import script to create a better hierarchy.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it works.

Kind regards,
      Jin

• Paul Hoogsteder

I forgot to mention that this method worked for the Pinnacle 200 - the older 1000 model doesn't have this "Show UPnP AV Servers" box in the "Advanced Settings" dialog; and therefor it still doesn't work.

Paul.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks