I've built 0.8.1 patched on kubuntu dapper amd64. I am using libupnp0 v 1.4.1, which I had built already as I was trying out ushare. I have libextractor-dev and libexif-dev installed, and I've created the database in mysql and edited the config.xml. I also set the filesystem charset to UTF-8, as that is the one that kubuntu uses. I've also tried ISO8859-1 to see if it would help, but it didn't. The error I get (on the browser) is the following:
"Error message: iconv: Insufficient space in output buffer"
And the console output is:
2006-07-11 23:12:58 INFO: iconv: Argument list too long
2006-07-11 23:12:58 INFO: iconv: Insufficient space in output buffer
2006-07-11 23:12:58 INFO: iconv: input:
2006-07-11 23:12:58 INFO: iconv: converted part:
Exception: iconv: Insufficient space in output buffer
_STRACE_ 0 mediatomb [0x429b00]
_STRACE_ 1 mediatomb [0x412dd8]
_STRACE_ 2 mediatomb [0x4093ff]
_STRACE_ 3 mediatomb [0x41f677]
_STRACE_ 4 mediatomb [0x445403]
_STRACE_ 5 mediatomb [0x443c0c]
_STRACE_ 6 mediatomb [0x4441c1]
_STRACE_ 7 mediatomb [0x41c47a]
_STRACE_ 8 /usr/lib/libupnp.so.2 [0x2aaaab766e8c]
_STRACE_ 9 /usr/lib/libupnp.so.2 [0x2aaaab76a2ae]
_STRACE_ 10 /usr/lib/libupnp.so.2 [0x2aaaab763595]
_STRACE_ 11 /usr/lib/libthreadutil.so.2 [0x2aaaab9883ad]
_STRACE_ 12 /lib/libpthread.so.0 [0x2aaaac15b0fa]
_STRACE_ 13 /lib/libc.so.6(__clone+0x72) [0x2aaaabfe2ce2]
I think I know what went wrong, please try the following patch and tell me if it fixes the problem :)
Yes, it fixed it. Thanks!
Now, as soon as my mp3 collection is scanned, I'll try it with my DSM320-RD (I hope the DSM320 patch won't be needed, as the 320-RD fixes a lot of bugs of the older model).
Nice, I will integrate the fix in the upcoming 0.9.0 release, thanks for reporting!
No problem. There are still some charset problems, but those are probably because I had my mp3 tags first in ISO8859-1 and now I've converted most of them to UTF-8 (as should be for id3v2), but aparently some are still with the wrong encoding as it will show some strange chars instead of portugues ones (only for some albums).
I also seem to have crashed badly my DSM-320RD trying to open a subtitle file instead of a avi. Even after disconnecting the power cable and turning it back on, it won't turn on. Is that the problem also seen with the DSM-320?
You could try setting the <metadata-charset> prior to importing files which have non UTF-8 tags, this options is very similar to the <filesystem-charset>, but it deals with extracted metadata.
Regarding the DSM-320 - I do not own such a unit, so I can not really tell. I had a chance to do a short test with the DSM-320 - it was very buggy, for instance it crashed when upnp:class was set to something it could not understand (that's why we have the those upnp class mappings in our config file. It also had problems to play .AVI files without a redsonic user-agent http header... so well - it had quite some problems. I am not familiar with the RD, but after disconnecting power each device should come back on... unless of course tie image in flash got corrupted or something like that - which should actually never happen (that's why software upgrade is usually the most dangerous part).
Anyway, we have quite a number of DSM-320 users and I have not yet received a report that the unit got "killed". Maybe you just got a faulty one and have to replace it on warranty...
Mine is already replaced under warranty. The first one had a bad DVD reader. Anyway, it seems the hang was because of overheating.
Log in to post a comment.