Replacing the JavaScript Engin with Python

alex sayle
2011-09-17
2013-05-30
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)
  • alex sayle

alex sayle - 2011-10-11

Well those whom like javascript can rejoice, I got annoyed and ported MT to libmoz 1.8.5 so it'll built on Ubuntu 11.04 with JS enabled.

<rant>
    in the process I lost a lot of respect for spidermonkey. WTF ? APIs don't change you muppets. if an API is not backward compatible you give it a totally new number that doesn't resemble the old one.
    </rant>

on the python side I made a little bit of progress but I'm afraid my sober hours were taken up by the libmoz185 upgrade.
    more shall come tomorrow…

if yo'd like to see progress please checkout my git repo.

• alex sayle

alex sayle - 2011-10-11

a kind soul pointed out that the HEAD on my github repo doesn't build cleanly, and indeed it doesn't. error has now been rectivated.

• Michael Bhola

Michael Bhola - 2011-11-06

Will the use of JS_EncodeString cause leaks ? The docs suggest the return value must be freed with JS_free.

• Jonathan Wang

Jonathan Wang - 2011-11-12

I agree with thaughbaer, the result of JS_EncodeString needs to be JS_free'd.

• emartin

emartin - 2011-11-19

Has anyone using this version been able to use playlists on a PS3?  Reading this thread looked promising, but I wasn't sure if it's really js support not being enabled in the repository version of mediatomb that is keeping playlists from working.

• emartin

emartin - 2011-11-19

Well, I tried to compile from what's on github.  I'm running Ubuntu 11.11

I get the following errors when running make:

g++ -I../src -I../tombupnp/ixml/inc -I../tombupnp/threadutil/inc -I../tombupnp/upnp/inc -I..  -I/usr/include/mysql  -DBIG_JOINS=1  -fno-strict-aliasing   -DUNIV_LINUX -DUNIV_LINUX  -I/usr/include/taglib       -pthread        -g -O2 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/python2.7 -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -lrt -L/usr/lib/python2.7/config -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm -lpython2.7 -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions  -lmagic -o mediatomb mediatomb-main.o libmediatomb.a ../tombupnp/build/libtombupnp.a               -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -rdynamic -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient_r -L/usr/lib -ltag   -lmagic   -lz -lrt -pthread    -lexpat     
    libmediatomb.a(libmediatomb_a-script.o): In function `mediatomb_log':
    /home/tarod/MT_Python/crankcube-mediatomb-5993325/build/../src/scripting/script.cc:1195: undefined reference to `PyTuple_Size'
    /home/tarod/MT_Python/crankcube-mediatomb-5993325/build/../src/scripting/script.cc:1207: undefined reference to `PyString_AsString'
    /home/tarod/MT_Python/crankcube-mediatomb-5993325/build/../src/scripting/script.cc:1203: undefined reference to `PyTuple_GetItem'
    /home/tarod/MT_Python/crankcube-mediatomb-5993325/build/../src/scripting/script.cc:1223: undefined reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'
    /home/tarod/MT_Python/crankcube-mediatomb-5993325/build/../src/scripting/script.cc:1221: undefined reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'

The errors keep going, but they're all related to undefined reference to Py_(something).  I'm probably missing some library I need to install, but I'm not sure which library.

Thanks for any help.

<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks