Streaming of Blu-Ray isos

ukonrad
2010-07-29
2013-05-30
  • ukonrad

ukonrad - 2010-07-29

I have got an HDD full of Blu-Ray isos from a friend. I am using Mediatomb for 3 years now. It serves my music, photos and Videos. Also I enable DVD iso feature in svn, sometimes there are some blocks but for 99,99% of the time the picture are very nice. I try playing Blu-Ray isos now for 2 days. The isos are on external HDD. I add a mimetype
    ' <map from="bdiso" to="video/x-bdiso"/>' in config.xml
    , and in the transcoding section
    ' <transcode mimetype="video/bdiso" using="bdiso-stream"/>'
    the profile is
          <profile name="bdiso-stream" enabled="yes" type="external">
            <mimetype>video/mp2p</mimetype>
            <dvd-only>no</dvd-only>
            <hide-original-resource>yes</hide-original-resource>
            <agent command="/home/mediatomb/bin/playBDiso" arguments="%in %out"/>
            <buffer size="14400000" chunk-size="512000" fill-size="120000"/>
          </profile>
    /home/mediatomb/bin/playBDiso looks like

#!/bin/bash
    sudo umount -d /bdmnt; sudo mount -o loop $1 /bdmnt; du -ks /bdmnt/BDMV/ST
    REAM/* | sort -n -r | head -n 1 | buffer -p 75 -i `sed -e s/'^*'/''/g -e s/
    '^\s*'/''/g < /dev/stdin` -o $2

In the gui from mediatomb I add an Item with mimetype 'video/bdiso', and path to the *.iso file. This runs very nice, the iso is mounted and the script find the biggest file in 'path to iso/BDMV/STREAM/' and this is streamed to the pipe. My PS3 plays that stream very nice, BUT i can't change the language without the stream stops. When i select the audio item on the ps3, mediatomb stops the stream and calls the script again with new output pipe. Who has an idea how to solve this ?

Best regards
    Uwe Konrad

• Jin

Jin - 2010-10-18

Sorry, but you can't solve this. Each new http request spawns a new transcoding process on the server, so when you try to switch language, the PS3 probably does a new http request and closes the ongoing connection. The new request will launch a new transcoding instance which does not know anything about the previous one.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks