Version 0.8 Rocks with Daemon Mode

lotso
2005-07-06
2013-05-30
  • lotso

lotso - 2005-07-06

Coolness of 0.8 release is the daemon mode support. Now, it's much better to be able to run it without all those debugging messages.

On the other hand, this release still has the nagging issue for the DSM-320 box. (which was mentioned in the release notes)

Now, if only Jason-infrant can provide me with his mediatomb binary to see if it really works on my DSM-320 Box.

Jason-infrant, is that possible??

• jason

jason - 2005-07-06

It seems a little strange, last time I already sent all my intel upnp source code to you.

Maybe that is not quite workable for your DSM-320 because different version or firmware from DLINK?

It's better if you can do some debug by yourself first to fine the reason, because I did not have DSM-320 by hand right now.

• dingding

dingding - 2005-07-06

I agree with jin_eld the intel upnp code is not good. It is better to rewrite upnp protocol stack.

Or you can use some other new and better stack, for example "cyberlink for c++" upnp stack, I find it has very good and clear structure like java, it is better for you to try it, and modify it shall be much easier.

• lotso

lotso - 2005-07-08

Hi,
        Yeah you did and I did try to debug it. It did see the redsonic headers but it still wasn't getting anywhere. Still hiccups.

Which was why I was wondering if I can get your binary. Plug it in and if it works, then clearly I'm doing something stupid.

• Torsten Schlabach

> On the other hand, this release still has the nagging issue
      > for the DSM-320 box. (which was mentioned in the
      > release notes)

What issue? Hiccups?

• Jin

Jin - 2005-07-27

Torsten, please take a look at this thread, it should answer your quesions on this topic:
      http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1279907&forum_id=440750

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks