0.12 SVN1207 photo chain missing

• Tux68-Hamburg

Tux68-Hamburg - 2010-01-09

my 0.12 did not create a upnp photo chain. I uploaded several jpg files, they appear only in the database pc-directory with incredible mimetype.
    Class: object-item
    Mimetype: application/octet-stream

Some lines from config.xml

<map from="audio/*" to="object.item.audioItem.musicTrack"/>
            <map from="video/*" to="object.item.videoItem"/>
            <map from="image/*" to="object.item.imageItem"/>

<treat mimetype="audio/mpeg" as="mp3"/>
            <treat mimetype="application/ogg" as="ogg"/>
            <treat mimetype="audio/x-flac" as="flac"/>
            <treat mimetype="image/jpeg" as="jpg"/>

They should be an image type, any ideas what went wrong here?

• Jin

Jin - 2010-01-09

The "incredible" mimetype simply means - not recognized. Probably file magic was not able to figure out that the file in question is a picture… your version is compiled with filemagic support, right?

You can test it in the terminal by issuing the following command:

file -i /path/to/yourimage.jpg

Anyway… if filemagic detection fails, you can simply add some extension to mimetype mappings to your config.xml, after that reimport your images.

• Tux68-Hamburg

Tux68-Hamburg - 2010-01-11

The file command works well, but no goal without the extension mapping. Now the static libexif has read some more information and found everything. Thanks!

• Jin

Jin - 2010-01-17

Hmm, if the file command worked well - I wonder why it was not imported correctly? Do you see a warning regarding magic in the log when mediatomb is starting?

• Tux68-Hamburg

Tux68-Hamburg - 2010-01-20

Have to expand the logfile, just started with playlists and they did not appear too. The playlist are placed in a folder within the artists on the disk. Have proper .m3u names and the playlists.js is in config.xml. Barely new pictures, musics and divx are recognized now. This investigation takes a little time….

• Jin

Jin - 2010-01-20

Well, when you import a playlist, you should see messages in the console, and especially messages if stuff goes wrong and can not be imported… is there anything at all there?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks