Menu

modify or customize the menu that is presented to he client

buhtz
2016-10-20
2016-11-30
  • buhtz

buhtz - 2016-10-20

I want to use a DLNA/UPnP Media server on a NAS with Debian unstable. There are a lot of client devices that would use that server to play music.

Is it possible with MediaTomb to customize the music menu presented by it?
    I mean this
    Artist
    Title
    Genre/Artits/Album
    Genre/Album
    AlbumArtist
    Composer
    Year

• Adam Torgerson

Adam Torgerson - 2016-10-20

Take a look at src/layout/fallback_layout.cc, it's fairly easy to change things in there.

It may not be quite what you want, but I am working on submitting a set of patches, one of which changes the layout and adds a "Artists & Albums" entry.

• Adam Torgerson

Adam Torgerson - 2016-10-20

Here is that patch, please note it also disables importing video/images, which you may not want.

• buhtz

buhtz - 2016-10-21

Thanks for that. But it shouldn't be hardcoded. It should be customizable by the user through a config file.

So again my original question: Is it possible? Based on your answer I would say "no". Am I right?

• Adam Torgerson

Adam Torgerson - 2016-10-21

There are actually a couple ways you could do this within mediatomb. If you enable javascript, you can write the layout code in js, but we were unable to get the js support built on a modern platform.

It would also be fairly straightforward to add a different layout to the C++, and select between them via config.

Either way though, it is a code modification, not a straight config.

• buhtz

buhtz - 2016-10-21

Then we should improve the code that way that it is possible by configuration.

• Thev00d00

Thev00d00 - 2016-11-30

It is possible, by JS