Setting bit rate

  • Anonymous - 2010-10-27

    I am completely new to mediatomb. I am trying to make it work with AllShare application on Samsung Captivate phone. It seems like DLNA allplication on Captivate is bit picky. Using UPNP inspector from, I managed to fire queries again MiniDLNA where it works and against mediatomb where it does not work.

    Only important difference I have found out is in bitrate attribute of the generated xml response and it's rather large. MediaTomb sends bit rate as 393 where as MiniDLNA sends it 49234

    MediaTomb repsonse:
    <item id="29" parentID="21" restricted="1">
    <res protocolInfo="http-get:*:video/mp4:DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0" size="245779" duration="00:00:04.9" bitrate="393" sampleFrequency="32000" resolution="190x240" nrAudioChannels="1"></res>

    MiniDLNA response
    <item id="2$8$2" parentID="2$8" restricted="1" refID="64$2">
    <res size="245779" duration="0:00:04.992" bitrate="49234" sampleFrequency="32000" nrAudioChannels="2" resolution="190x240" protocolInfo="http-get:*:video/mp4:*"></res>

  • Jin

    Jin - 2010-10-31

    I do not think the bitrate is the issue, what if you turn off the protocolInfo option in the config.xml, from what I see you set it to "yes", so the difference might be here: DLNA.ORG_OP=01;DLNA.ORG_CI=0


Log in to post a comment.