Problem sharing ISOs

2006-03-17
2013-05-30
  • Peter Enzerink

Peter Enzerink - 2006-03-17

I'm trying to share ISOs so my downstream player which recognises ISOs can play them like a DVD.

I've made the following additions to config.xml but I get this error:

INFO: FsStorage: skipping /media/nas/blah.iso : Failed to stat /media/nas/blah.iso

<extension-mimetype ignore-unknown="no">
    <map from="iso" to="application/x-cd-image"/>
    </extension-mimetype>
    <mimetype-upnpclass>
    <map from="application/x-cd-image" to="object.item.videoItem"/>
    </mimetype-upnpclass>

Any ideas on how I can progress this?

Cheers

• Peter Enzerink

I did a little code fiddling and it generates this error:

'Value too large for defined data type'

in line 520 of content_manager.cc.

How can the standard stat struct have variables that are too small?

• Peter Enzerink

I'm learning a lot more about Linux development than I had intended. I'm guessing _LARGEFILE_SOURCE or _LARGEFILE_SOURCE64 need to be defined somewhere in the build process so that the stat struct uses larger variables for the file size.

Which file do I need to modify?

• Jin

Jin - 2006-03-18

Hi,

well... seems like your iso file is bigger than 2GB and that indeed is a problem. I am not familiar with the defines that you mentioned, I will have to look it up, but I do not think that we can easily add >2GB file support. The problem is, that the UPnP SDK can also handle only files of max. 2GB, so even if we fix our code, changes to the UPnP SDK will still be necessary. We do plan to integrate the UPnP SDK into our source tree, when this is done we are going to improve it in regard to several problems, large file support is of course one of them. The only solution I could offer you right now is to add the file as an "external link" item and stream it via apache, but of course it's somewhat a pain to add files manually.

Sorry for now,
      Jin

• Peter Enzerink

Peter Enzerink - 2006-03-20

I understand the issue with libupnp file sizes from another thread. I guess my view is that if mediatomb is fixed now then when libupnp is revised there won't be any further changes needed.

Are you suggesting you are going to start a fork of libupnp specially for mediatomb rather than revising the lib as shared library?

Cheers

• Jin

Jin - 2006-03-20

yes, that is our plan.
      I think it would be difficult to have all those patches around, especially if some of them are only good for specific mediarenderers (like the DSM-320 patch).

It would be much easier to integrate libupnp into the mediatomb source tree and adapt the configure script to enable or disable certain libupnp features during compilation.

It would also give us more freedom in introducing changes to libupnp, because we would not have to worry about breaking the "real" library, which could be used by another applications.

Greetings,
      Jin

• Jin

Jin - 2006-04-30

I just saw your largefile patch for libupnp, cool stuff :) Right now I am moving libupnp into our sourcetree, and I was also looking at the various patches. Anyway, I am currently creating an autotools environment for libupnp, then I will start to integrate the patches. Let's see how far I get, but once this is done I will surely add largefile support to MediaTomb as well.

Greetings,
      Jin

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks