Unable to load MediaInfo library

Help
2012-03-05
2012-12-11
  • usermedia1395

usermedia1395 - 2012-03-05

Am using Mediainfo library in my C# project,before start invoking this dll,i just ran VC++ program that comes with the package and deployed in to my local system.am not sure what exactly it did when it deploys,it register something in the system,so my process can identify the mediainfo.dll,so it worked well in my local (32bit).

When i start deploying in Testserver,i can't run or deploy the VC++(bcoz test server don't have visual studio to do that,except debugger).so am getting this error

2012-03-05 15:00:08,307  INFO Distributor.Shell PutMessage - FileSize: Unable to load MediaInfo library
        Duration: Unable to load MediaInfo library
        FrameSize: Unable to load MediaInfo libraryxUnable to load MediaInfo library
        Date: Unable to load MediaInfo library

Just google thru SourceForge.net found this https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/forums/forum/297610/topic/4037237 but still i don't know what they are suggesting.

look like they ask to import the com object but anyone please guide me how to import the com object in C# ?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2012-03-05

(For reference, more info is in cross-post https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/forums/forum/297610/topic/5088797 )

You said in the cross-posted message that the server is 64-bit. Do you use the 64-bit DLL on the server? Is the server configurerd to be in 32 or 64-bit mode for C#?

There is nothing to import, this is a classic DLL without any COM stuff or anything else, the DLL must be in the path, it is found and dynamicly loaded, no more.

• usermedia1395

Hi Zenitram,

Thanks for your comment,i build my application c# using 32 bit, when i setup project to deploy in the server ,downloaded 64 bit dll and installed but how can i check ,what path the systme (server) is looking for the dll ?
    Thanks in Advance

• usermedia1395

Server is configured it for 64 bit and i tried downloaded 64 bit dll and got the same error ,tried with 32 bit dll still got the same error,look like i have to define the path where to find the dll,please correct me.

Can you pleas guide me where the dll suppose to be in which path ?

• Jerome Martinez

Jerome Martinez - 2012-03-06

Can you pleas guide me where the dll suppose to be in which path ?

This is a classic DLL, with a classi path: the working directory, then %PATH%. I don't decide about it, this is your OS.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks