Menu

Installation Help

2013-05-31
2018-11-08
  • Chelsey Daniels

Chelsey Daniels - 2013-05-31

How do you install/run this program? I see a lot of different files in the ZIP folder, but no EXE file. All it says in the readme.txt file is to list some files as resources. Did I download the wrong file? Do I have to compile, or something, this program myself in order to create an EXE to run the program? Help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :-)

• MC Software

MC Software - 2018-01-03

You need to build this with visual studio. The visual studio project file is included. Put everything in a directory, start visual studio, do open-project and select the EmceeShareware.sln file.

• Darren John de Lima

Just wondering, have the error/problems outlined lower down in this thread been fixed in the latest release?

• Darren John de Lima

I have managed to compile v1.7 (x64) successfully, and it works on Windows 10, but not on Windows 7. Is there some dependency or compiler setting I have to change to compile for Windows 7? Any suggestions or help is appreciated! Thank you. (PS when it works on Win10, it's great. Just would like to get that functionality on Win7, since it lacks Task View)

• MC Software

MC Software - 2013-10-30

Create a visual c++ project and compile for your machine. you may need to define

define IDI_MC 101

define IDI_BITM 102

in a resource.h file

• Georg K.

Georg K. - 2014-01-22

You "may" also have to ...

... remove line nr 10 in sdtafx.h (#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN ...)

... fix the code error on line nr 57 in MainWindow.cpp (RegisterHotKey( getHwnd(), HOTKEY_ESCAPE, MOD_NOREPEAT, VK_ESCAPE );)

... reduce the "hover" time necessary for a window to get highlighted on line 68 in "ThumbWindow.cpp" (tme.dwHoverTime = 10; // how long a user needs to hover to bring the window to the front)

... configure the HOTKEY in mc.cpp to open the "mission control view" on lines 128 and 149

... configure the HOTKEY in MainWindow.cpp on line 56 and 56 to exit the "mission control view".

E.g.: "HOTKEY_CTAB, MOD_ALT | MOD_NOREPEAT, VK_UP" for (ALT) + (Cursor UP).

Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646309%28v=vs.85%29.aspx for details on what parameters to use for the hotkeys

... built with VS2010 (win32 application, no precompiled headers, project name "mc" will fit the files in the .zip)

• Fadi R

Fadi R - 2017-01-15

Great, thanks for all the tips guys.