Installing JAGS 3.3.0 on Mac: cannot configure the package type!

Help
Anonymous
2013-08-25
2013-09-03
  • Anonymous - 2013-08-25

Hello there,
    I am trying out JAGS for the first time on my OS X 10.8 and just working my way through the steps in the installation manual. The first thing I find is that package I have downloaded is not called "JAGS-X.X.X.tar.gz" as the manual suggests but an ejectable USB icon. I copied the items in this ejectable icon into a new folder and see whether I can complete my installation this way. I installed the JAGS 3.3.0.pkg, installed Xcode, installed the gfortran, installed the command line tools into /usr, dragged the JAGS folder I created into my Terminal, and "set up the environment for the build". In step 2.4 I am supposed to configure the package type by typing in "../configure --disable-dependency-tracking --with-included-ltdl" but my Terminal tells me that "-bash: ../configure: No such file or directory". And now I am stuck here! Maybe the instructions would work if I used the tar.gz file type and decompressed it - but I cannot find it anywhere! I would greatly appreciate any help & cannot wait to get my JAGS working

Last edit: Anonymous 2013-12-15

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks