Adding new distributions?

Help
Chris
2011-06-16
2014-04-01
  • Chris

Chris - 2011-06-16

Hi,

I am hoping that you can provide some guidance on adding new distributions to
    JAGS. I have the CVS source, and looking at the code for existing
    distributions, I am somewhat optimistic that I can code up the distribution I
    would like to add. It's a vector-valued distribution, not that different from
    the existing "ddirch". However, assuming I implement the class and necessary
    methods, I am completely at a loss as how to incorporate it into the codebase.

For example, do I need to recompile my distribution (and if so, how to make
    "make" aware of it), or is there some way to separately compile it as a module
    to be loaded in at run-time under existing distributions?

A documented example of creating a new distribution, from the point of an end-
    user, would be a tremendous help (though this is perhaps more of a feature
    request).

Thanks,

-Chris

• Nicolas Fasel

Nicolas Fasel - 2014-04-01

Hi,

In order to continue this post, I would also require a new distribution, the Conway Maxwell Poisson.
    I am aware of the documentation explaining how to do it http://www.cidlab.com/prints/wabersich2013extending.pdf but I also have to admit my lack of experience in C++... Is there another way?

There is the compoisson package in CRAN but this does not support GLMM. I am hopping to adapt GLM poisson model to such new distribution.

Thank you