SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

rjags error with

Anonymous
2012-09-10
2012-09-11
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-09-10

I'm trying to run rjags 3-5 with JAGSdist-3.1.0 CRAN and R 2.15.1 GUI 1.52 Leopard but keep getting an error. Below is the code and error msg. Any help would be appreciated! I thought I had all the updated versions of each and thus they should be compatible, but I don't know why rjags isn't loading in the library.

Thanks!

install.packages(rjags)

install.packages("rjags", lib="/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library")
    trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.15/rjags_3-5.tgz'
    Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 387927 bytes (378 Kb)
    opened URL
    ==================================================
    downloaded 378 Kb

The downloaded binary packages are in
    /var/folders/tx/txKbdrQmFuatkCbZXA2+3k+++TQ/-Tmp-//RtmpGG7JAH/downloaded_packages

library(rjags)
    Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rjags', details:
    call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
    error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rjags/libs/x86_64/rjags.so':
    dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rjags/libs/x86_64/rjags.so, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libjags.3.dylib
    Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/rjags/libs/x86_64/rjags.so
    Reason: image not found
    Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘rjags’

• Martyn Plummer

Martyn Plummer - 2012-09-11

There is a known bug that strikes on Mac OS X 10.5 (but not later versions). Files that should be in /usr/local are installed into /local. Move them into the right location to fix the problem. See the jags blog for details.