Menu

help with mbsaremote.

Help
2003-09-15
2003-09-18
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

PC0022-XP-TWK is the computer to where I made the share on.

Everything seems to work fine till I get to this point:

d:\mbsafu\mbsaremote.exe \\Pc0022-xp-twk\Patches username password 600 > D:\mbsafu\results\remote-results.txt

And I get this result: 

Error while copying mbsaexec.exe to \\Pc0022-xp-twk\Patches: (2) The system cannot find the file specified.

This is where I am stuck.  Any dieas as to why I cannot get the Username and Password to work?

Thank you

• Memet Anwar

Memet Anwar - 2003-09-17

I guess this mean you don't have mbsaexec.exe on the current directory ?

try changing the working directory to mbsafu install-dir, verify that the file do exist, and re-run mbsaremote.

• Nobody/Anonymous

It appears to be looking for the patchlist file for that computer.  That comptuer is fully patched.  So there is no patchlist file for it.  How can I get it to stop looking for a patchlist file?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I did create a directory under mbsafu called install-dir.  That is where all the patches are downloaded.  I copied mbsaexec.exe to the install-dir and I still get:

Error while copying mbsaexec.exe to \\Pc0022-xp-twk\install-dir: (2) The system cannot find the file specified.

Like I said above, there was a .csv file that clearly said that it couldnt find the pc0022-xp-twk.patchlist file.  it dosent seem to get past this. 

Thanks

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ummm I really dont want to admit this, but it was a premission problem on the server.  After that everything ran very smooth.  Sorry for the inconvence!

Thank you