Menu

Is it possible to make a generic batch file

Help
2004-01-13
2004-01-13
  • Nobody/Anonymous

i have hundreds of computers across my network to manage. I wanted to create a batch file that could be generic like i dont have to code in the \\server\share for every different machine i have. Say i make a generic share just for this like update . is it possible to do something like \\localhost\update or do i have to manually add the computer name to replace \\localhost. See if i can make a generic batch file i can deploy things faster rather then spending hours adding in all the differnt computer names we have here.. This is the way i want to do it.. assume my network in miles away and i dont have physical access just remote across the network. My networks are both private and public, Some have domain controllers some are standalone pcs.. Please help. My email is jonathant@ugao.upenn.edu

thank you

• Nobody/Anonymous

oh yeah and i  intend to allow users of the standalone pcs to simple clik on the batch file and execute the process themselves

• - 2004-01-13

You can deploy patches to an entire domain, or to a range of ip's.  Check the mbsacli help(C:\>mbsacli.exe /?) for all the options.  Read the Usage file for ideas on scripting and other issues.