Cursor problems

Help
2003-01-21
2003-01-21
  • Al McCarley

Al McCarley - 2003-01-21

I cannot move the cursor fully around the screen. It gets to a certain point and then ceases to work. For instance, when trying to read the instructions on screen, as I move the cursor towards the bottom of the screen to click the next page the cursor freezes. Only by rapidly moving the mouse will the cursor start moving again. Restarting UAE results in a different area that the cursor can operate in - help!

I've tried this on both a G4 cube 450mhz with 1.5 gig of ram and a powerbook G4 667mh with 1 gig of ram using MaxUAE version 0.12. I've tried different screen sizes.

• Jonatin

Jonatin - 2003-01-21

This results because the cursor coordintes are not translated to global coordinates.  Also, the current events model is based on the old OS7 WaitNextEvent model, which isn't so good at catching cursors moving in and out of the window.

I'm currently working on a better mouse handler, but I'm also in the process of moving to a new apartment. 

The workaround is to install the "mousehack" amiga program on the emulated Amiga and select the toggle mouse menu in UAE, also the cursor is a bit more useable when running Picasso96.

This is the major change planned for beta 2, but to properly handle it I've had to tear the WaitNextEvent() code apart more than I like.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks