Menu

Crashing intermittently, displaying active, but unable to open, not until restarted.

Help
2017-01-09
2017-01-10
  • pc.internet.it

pc.internet.it - 2017-01-09

I waited to see if this problem (found on my Windows 7 Dell PC) could be replicated, so here I am on a different PC, where I installed a new Windows 7 system on it, a friend's PC, and the same exact frustrating problem exists.
    By the time I get MaxLauncher closed/restarted/displayed, at times forget what I was going to use it for.

MaxLauncher is Crashing Intermittently, displaying active, but unable to open, not until it is restarted.

The most current incident happened when I clicked onto a MaxLauncher button that is labelled link to a no longer existing location/item.

• pc.internet.it

pc.internet.it - 2017-01-09

I can't keep MaxLauncher running, it crashes at every turn. Am hoping you understand and can fix.

• madproton

madproton - 2017-01-10

What version of .Net is installed?
      Did you install program or using portable version?
      Is Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?
      Are you using the default theme?
      You wrote "... at every turn", did you mean MaxLauncher now crashes when you open it?

It would be very helpful if there is a way to replicate the crash but I will keep trying.

• pc.internet.it

pc.internet.it - 2017-01-10
    1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1; Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 (not sure if this one has anything to do with .NET)
    2. Am using portable version of MaxLauncher.
    3. Windows 7 32-bit on both pc's mentioned
    4. Theme on one is not default, theme used is Dark, the other pc is Default.
    5. Yes, it crashes on second PC when I open it.

• pc.internet.it

pc.internet.it - 2017-01-10

I installed the program of MaxLauncher, and all is going well now, with one of two pc, I will do same for other pc, hoping not using the portable version corrects the problem.

Last edit: pc.internet.it 2017-01-10