#648 case-sensitive bugs in "tex"

closed
nobody
Lisp Core (471)
5
2004-11-25
2004-11-21
No

The current rev of the "tex" function (as of
2004/11/21) has some problems that seem to stem from
recent case-sensitive patches.

The filename argument is converted to uppercase if it
was originally in lowercase. E.g. tex (foo, "bar.tex")
writes "BAR.TEX". This is due to Maxima storing strings
as Lisp symbols, I guess. It could be fixed by
enclosing every call to "stripdollar" with
"print-invert-case", perhaps. There are several
"stripdollar" calls in src/mactex.lisp.

The equation label generated by "tex" is uppercase when
it should be lowercase, e.g. "(\%O5)" instead of "(\%o5)".

Discussion

  • Raymond Toy

    Raymond Toy - 2004-11-22

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=28849

    I fixed the couple of places where the file name was upcased.

    I also fixed the equation label to produce lowercase.

    I did not, however, wrap every call to stripdollar with
    print-invert-case. I'm going to leave that for more bug
    reports.

     
  • Robert Dodier

    Robert Dodier - 2004-11-25
    • status: open --> closed
     
  • Robert Dodier

    Robert Dodier - 2004-11-25

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=501686

    These two problems ("BAR.TEX" instead of "bar.tex", and
    "(\%O5)" instead of "(\%o5)") seem to have been fixed by
    changes by Raymond Toy (as described below).

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks