After upgrading from ghostscript 9.07 to 9.08, imaxima (emacs interface implemented in imaxima.el) can no longer generate png images for LaTeX outputs.
Steps to reproduce:
1) open emacs and invoke imaxima (M-x imaxima)
2) Assuming imaxima is configured to display output in png format (imaxima-image-type set to png). Enter anything, e.g., x**2
3) The output is only an empty box. What is expected is a latex'ed version of the input.
4) Switch to the *Messages* buffer in emacs, and you see errors like [Cannot find image file `/tmp/imaxima1054svj/1'], indicating the failure of png generation.
5) Downgrading to ghostscript 9.07 solves the problem.
Log in to post a comment.