Menu

building build.sh

Help
meg peter
2009-07-20
2013-04-11
  • meg peter

meg peter - 2009-07-20

I am running build.sh file in the linux system,was able to start the ant file but getting an error
    Starting Ant...

./build.sh: line 42: java/bin/java: No such file or directory

I have installed java in the linux system.I am using the linux system from a remote server and does not have administrator privilage.I installed the java in my user directory.Can anyone help me to resolve the problem.

• Thomas Morton

Thomas Morton - 2009-07-20

Hi,
         You need to set JAVA_HOME to the location of your installed java version.  You've given it the value "java".  You need something more like: /home/megptr/jdk1.6.0 or whatever if the path the the directory where you installed java.

Hope this helps...Tom

• meg peter

meg peter - 2009-07-21

I was not able to download jdk 1.6 .I did try to install jre-6u14-linux-i586-rpm.bin as jre-6u14-linux-i586.rpm in a directory named java under the home/~ directory.I have user privilage in the linux system .I dont have any experience installing java in a linux system.But is it possible that  JAVA_HOME can be set and exported as  /~/java/jre-6u14-linux-i586.rpm.

• Thomas Morton

Thomas Morton - 2009-07-21

Hi Meg,
             This is way outside of the scope of this project.  While I can tell you that you need to install that rpm file and that you typically need admin privileges to do that we're still a long way from anything to do with opennlp.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish but all this script is going to do is build a jar out of the distributed classes.  That can be done a number of ways that don't involve you installing java on a linux box.  You can even download it from: http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/maven2/opennlp/opennlp-tools/1.4.3/opennlp-tools-1.4.3.jar

However, this begs the question of what are you going to do with this jar once you have it.  This project provides a set of tools that can be integrated via coding into other software.  It's not terribly useful by itself and has no user interface.  The expectation is that people who interact with it are familiar with Java and programing in Java.  This include compiling and running java code.  If you don't have these skills then this project may not offer a lot of value to you.

Hope this helps...Tom

• meg peter

meg peter - 2009-07-24

I am sorry for the inconvinience of discussing something out of the scope of this project. I was under the impression that i need to install java in linux in order to get the jar file.
            I am running the code parallely in netbeans too.
            As far as my interest is concerned ,I am trying to use the maximum entropy to train a model based on the use of article by non native speakers. The input file format would be a simple text file containing contextual features.
            I am still trying to figure out how to set up the classifier for the purpose.
            Hope this gives an idea of what I am trying to do.
            Thanks.