Where should the model files be saved ?

Help
_estelle_
2009-06-16
2013-04-11
  • _estelle_

_estelle_ - 2009-06-16

Hello,
    I am new to OpenNLP and I would like to make a test run.

I work from the directory ''opennlptools" which is organized as followed :

opennlptools /
    ------- A01.txt
    -------+lib/
    ------------- opennlp-tools-1.4.3.jar
    ------------- trove.jar
    ------------- maxent-2.5.2.jamaxent-2.5.2.jar
    ------------- wnl-1.3.3.jar
    --------+english
    -------------+sentdect
    ----------------------- EnglishSD.bin.gz
    -------------+tokenize
    -----------------------  EnglishTok.bin.gz

I am doing the test run with the following command :
    LIBDIR=/home/estelle/opennlp-tools/lib
    CLASSPATH=.:$LIBDIR/opennlp-tools-1.4.3.jar:$LIBDIR/trove.jar:$LIBDIR/maxent-2.5.2.jar:$LIBDIR/jwnl-1.3.3.jar
    java -classpath $CLASSPATH opennlp.tools.lang.english.SentenceDetector \ opennlp.models/english/sentdetect/EnglishSD.bin.gz < A01.txt

But I get the following error :
    Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: opennlp.models/english/sentdetect/EnglishSD.bin.gz (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
        at opennlp.maxent.io.SuffixSensitiveGISModelReader.<init>(SuffixSensitiveGISModelReader.java:50)
        at opennlp.tools.lang.english.SentenceDetector.<init>(SentenceDetector.java:43)
        at opennlp.tools.lang.english.SentenceDetector.main(SentenceDetector.java:56)

I suppose  my models files are in the wrong place but I can't find any information on where to download them.

Could you tell me what goes wrong please ?
    Thank you.
    Estelle

• Thomas Morton

Thomas Morton - 2009-06-16

Hi,
         Thanks for your detailed post.  The "opennlp.models/english/sentdetect/EnglishSD.bin.gz" portion of the command refers to the location of this model file on your file system.  Based on the layout you have presented it should be: "english/sentdetect/EnglishSD.bin.gz"  if you are running the command from the opennlptools directory.  More specifically:

java -classpath $CLASSPATH opennlp.tools.lang.english.SentenceDetector \ english/sentdetect/EnglishSD.bin.gz < A01.txt

Hope this helps...Tom