Menu

ac3+matrixmixer+32 bit

atarikid
2003-07-15
2004-05-21
  • atarikid

atarikid - 2003-07-15

I have ac3filter and matrix mixer both installed.
    My default graph is something like
    avisplit->ac3filt->MorganStreamSwitch->MatrixMixer->MSS->out

IF I try to switch ac3filter above 16 bit I  can't.  If I disconnect the ouput pin then I can.  If I then  reconnect the 
    output pin directly to matrix mixer input i get Intervideo Audio processor automitcally inserted between the two. Now I never really need to use ac3filter and matrix mixer at the same time, but I'd rather not have to define custom graphs to remove one.  I'm gussing this intervideo auio processor is just truncating to 16 bits for input to matrix mixer.  Is matrix mixer only 16 bit?  Can that be a future upgrade?

• atarikid

atarikid - 2003-07-15

by the way if after switching to ac3filter to 32 bit I attach output directly out to direct sound out, it works fine too.

• atarikid

atarikid - 2003-07-15

ok, I just confirmed from my directsound device
      that with matrix mixer in even with intervideo there, the
      final output is 16 bit.  Without matrix mixer it can be 32, but I guess Valex already knows that.

• atarikid

atarikid - 2003-07-15

sorry to keep piling on... turns out the 32 bit graph doesn't even work.  It connects without complaint, but matrix mixer shows no input sound.

• Valex

Valex - 2003-10-07

MM supports 32bit input now (v0.30b).

• Niels Leenheer

Niels Leenheer - 2004-03-16

I'm currently trying the latest version (6.4.8.0) of MPC with internal MPx, AC3, AAC and DTS decoders. MPC allows its decoders to switch between 16, 24, 32 bits and IEEE Float output. Without MatrixMixer in the graph everythings works without problems. With MatrixMixer only 16 bit and IEEE float work correctly.

The graph looks like this:
        file.m4a -> 3ivx Splitter -> AAC Decoder -> MatrixMixer -> Default DirectSound Device

When MatrixMixer receives 16 bit or IEEE float input it works and it outputs sound to the DirectSound device. If it receives 24 or 32 bit PCM it doesn't work...

This what MatrixMixer says it receives as input:
        Input: 2/0 16 bit -> works
        Input: ? 24 bit -> no output
        Input: ? 32 bit -> no output
        Input: 2/0 float -> works

The strange thing is, it only happens with 2 channel sources... Multichannel sources play fine no matter what output the MPC filter generates. So I am not sure whether this problem happens because the MPC filters send the wrong ouput or because MatrixMixer interprets the input wrong. All I do know is that if MatrixMixer is not in the graph, the DirectSound device does understand the output of MPC.

(Posted this both here and at the MPC sf project)

• Laczkó József

Laczkó József - 2004-05-21

Use the new "AC3Filter 1.01a RC1", I had the same problem...

• joe shmo

joe shmo - 2004-01-13

atarikid,
      how do you set up the graph (i.e. avisplit->ac3filt->MorganStreamSwitch->MatrixMixer->MSS->out)
      I would like to be able to control the order in which these happen but have no idea how to do that..

please help,

thanks.