From: Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@su...> - 2010-02-23 17:25:41
SciPy 2010 Call for Papers
SciPy 2010, the 9th Python in Science Conference, will be held from
June 28th - July 3rd, 2010 in Austin, Texas.
At this conference, novel applications and breakthroughs made in the
pursuit of science using Python are presented. Attended by leading
figures from both academia and industry, it is an excellent
opportunity to experience the cutting edge of scientific software
The conference is preceded by two days of paid tutorials, during which
community experts provide training on several scientific Python
We invite you to take part by submitting a talk abstract on the
conference website at:
We solicit talks and accompanying papers (either formal academic or
magazine-style articles) that discuss topics regarding scientific
computing using Python, including applications, teaching, development
and research. Papers are included in the peer-reviewed conference
proceedings, published online.
Please note that submissions primarily aimed at the promotion of a
commercial product or service will not be considered.
Important dates for authors include:
* 11 April: Talk abstracts due
* 20 April: Notification of acceptance
* 13 June: Papers due
* 15 August: Publication of proceedings
Further detail will be made available on http://conference.scipy.org
* Friday, 10 May: Early registration ends
* Monday-Tuesday, 28-29 June: Tutorials
* Wednesday-Thursday, June 30-July 1: Conference
* Friday-Saturday, July 2-3: Coding Sprints
* Conference: Jarrod Millman & Eric Jones
* Program: Stefan van der Walt & Ondrej Certik
* Student Sponsorship: Travis Oliphant
For more information on Python, visit http://www.python.org.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.