I'm having problems building matplotlib on windows from a folder from SVN, and haven't done it
before (previously had used the prebuilt binary download). I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I'm on winXP, Python
2.5. and will be using wxPython 188.8.131.52 with matplotlib as well.
The folder with the contents from SVN I've named matplotlib_svn. From the cmd line and
while in that directory I wrote
python setup.py build
and got what follows. I'm not sure what I am to do (regarding finding an appropriate
compiler). Any help is appreciated.
python: 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC
32 bit (Intel)]
Windows version: (5, 1, 2600, 2, 'Service Pack 2')
freetype2: found, but unknown version (no pkg-config)
* WARNING: Could not find 'freetype2' headers in any
* of '.', '.\freetype2'.
* Building for Gtk+ requires pygtk; you must be able
* to "import gtk" in your build/install environment
Tkinter: Tkinter: 50704, Tk: 8.4, Tcl: 8.4
* Tkinter present, but header files are not
* installed. You may need to install development
* WxAgg extension not required for wxPython >=
libpng: found, but unknown version (no pkg-config)
* Could not find 'libpng' headers in any of '.'
[Edit setup.cfg to suppress the above messages]
copying lib\matplotlib\mpl-data\matplotlibrc -> build\lib.win32-
No module named msvccompiler in numpy.distutils, trying from distutils..
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.