Export Plot Data

Help
Dubai
2009-05-09
2015-07-07
  • Dubai

Dubai - 2009-05-09

Hej, i generated some nice Plots with the help of matcont but i would like to do the finally plotting with gnuplot. Is there a way i can easily export the Data of the Matlab-Plots?

In the 2D PLot i can select edit / view / plot browser & property editor. When i select a graph and click on  "more properties" i get the matlab inspector that shows me the  x / y data but i cant see how to export these in a file? I also cant simply select the data and copy & paste it since one is only able to select one field at a time (at the inspector).

Thanks.

• Jomu

Jomu - 2012-07-09

Hi spilius,

I know the way to export that data, are you still interested?

• Daniel Kremer

Daniel Kremer - 2013-02-06

Hey Jomu,

I would love to know how to export my data as well. I need to do a final coordinate transform on my results and would love the way to get exact points.

Thanks

Dan

• Jude Kong

Jude Kong - 2015-07-07

Hi Jomu,I am new to matcont and really need help. I want to plot the stable regions of my bifurcation diagram using solid lines and the unstable regions using dash lines. Also, I will like the lines to be thicker than the ones matcont generally produces. I was wondering if you could help me out. If not, could you let me know how to extract the data and plot it myself using matlab.

• hilmeijer

hilmeijer - 2014-05-23

Getting the data is important, we know, all data is stored after computation.
    Suppose your system is "SYSTEMX" and you have computed a curve called "curve". Then, assuming the MATCONT folder is your matlab working directory, you can type at the command prompt: load Systems/SYSTEMX/diagram/curve.mat
    You will now have variables x,v,h,s,f in your Workspace that contain the continuationdata.
    The manual specifies what the fields x,v,h,f,s mean depending on equilibria, cycles or connecting orbits.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks