Menu

How to plot Poincare section using MatCont?

Yanqiu Li
2019-03-29
2019-05-29
  • Yanqiu Li

Yanqiu Li - 2019-03-29

I want to plot a Poincare section on an orbit. I have seen an example in "MATCONT and CL MATCONT:
    Continuation toolboxes in matlab" and it is said that "The NS point can be used as a starting point for the computation of a discrete orbit in the Poincar´e section (called DO in the GUI) for a slightly decreased value...".
    They give the attached figure, however, I don't understand how to get the red Poincare section. Can anyone show me that one by one step? Thank you very much.

• hilmeijer

hilmeijer - 2019-05-29

Dear Yanqiu,

I have observed that the code that should do this in matcont versions up to 6p11 is not doing this correctly. I have worked a bit on it but it requires more testing before I put it online.

In version 7pX this should work better. Create a user function to do this as in the manual.

Best regards, Hil Meijer

Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 1:37:59 PM
      To: [matcont:discussion]
      Subject: [matcont:discussion] How to plot Poincare section using MatCont?

I want to plot a Poincare section on an orbit. I have seen an example in "MATCONT and CL MATCONT:
      Continuation toolboxes in matlab" and it is said that "The NS point can be used as a starting point for the computation of a discrete orbit in the Poincar´e section (called DO in the GUI) for a slightly decreased value...".
      They give the attached figure, however, I don't understand how to get the red Poincare section. Can anyone show me that one by one step? Thank you very much.

How to plot Poincare section using MatCont?

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/matcont/discussion/762214/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/