Menu

Is it possible to stop simulations in MatCont when one of the coordinates = 0?

2019-11-14
2019-11-26
  • Philip Jacobson

Philip Jacobson - 2019-11-14

Dear MatCont community,
    I am currently running simulations in MatCont based on an existing stage-strucutre biomass model.
    I have 4 stages (coordinates) which are determined by 4 different system functions.

I want to make sure that the model does not run when one of the coordinates = 0 (or is smaller than 0),
    is it possbile to do?

I have tried to define an ifelse statement with the coordinate but MatCont do not accept the ifelse statement because the coordinate is not defined as a function or parameter..

Do you hve any other ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Philip Jacobson

• hilmeijer

hilmeijer - 2019-11-26

Dear Philip,
      Yes, you can stop the simulation at some point using Event functions. It would also allow to create Poincare sections. You need to set what happens at special points (pause or detect).

This is what you do from the GUI; for the command-line see p44 of the manual.

Create a separate matlab function in the main folder of MatCont, e.g. MyEvent.m;

function [res,term,dir]=MyEvent(t,y,varargin)
      res=y(2); % Equation defining the section
      isterminal=0; % 0=Do not stop
      direction=1; % Detect All (0); increasing(1) or decreasing (-1)

Then select Type-Point; Curve-Orbit, next in the Integrator-window there is an entry Eventfunction. Type "MyEvent" there and press forward.

Best regards, Hil

Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:58 AM
      To: [matcont:discussion]
      Subject: [matcont:discussion] Is it possible to stop simulations in MatCont when one of the coordinates = 0?

Dear MatCont community,
      I am currently running simulations in MatCont based on an existing stage-strucutre biomass model.
      I have 4 stages (coordinates) which are determined by 4 different system functions.

I want to make sure that the model does not run when one of the coordinates = 0 (or is smaller than 0),
      is it possbile to do?

I have tried to define an ifelse statement with the coordinate but MatCont do not accept the ifelse statement because the coordinate is not defined as a function or parameter..

Do you hve any other ideas?

Thanks in advance
      Philip Jacobson

Is it possible to stop simulations in MatCont when one of the coordinates = 0?

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/matcont/discussion/762214/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/