Menu

Error while trying to continue limit cycle.

vr98
2019-07-19
2019-07-19
  • vr98

vr98 - 2019-07-19

I try to continue from a Hopf point when I encounter an error.
    The error says:

Undefined function or variable
    'BVP_LC_jac'.

This c file is present in the same directory, yet matlab is unable to recognize it? How do I fix this?

One important change i've made is to make the choice not to calculate the first Lyapunov coefficient for the Hopf bifurcation, because my system is unable to deal with complex numbers ( as I use atan2 ), which are inherent in the process of calculating the coefficient. So I comment out the 'lyapunov' function call in the equilibrium.m file and go on to find other equilibrium pointsand bifurcations. Could this be a reason for the above error? If yes, how does matcont deal with odefiles which cannot process complex states.

• hilmeijer

hilmeijer - 2019-07-19

The installation mentions that you should put the mex-files (compiled versions of the c-files, and available on sourceforge for most platforms) into the folder LimitCycle. Alternatively, you compile these yourself, but that depends on operating system which you do not mention.

Complex numbers are only used in the evaluation of normal form coefficients, e.g. the first Lyapunov coefficient. So if you comment that out, that's the only thing you'll miss. The continuation will work.

Sent: Friday, July 19, 2019 7:15 AM
      To: [matcont:discussion]
      Subject: [matcont:discussion] Error while trying to continue limit cycle.

I try to continue from a Hopf point when I encounter an error.
      The error says:

Undefined function or variable
      'BVP_LC_jac'.

This c file is present in the same directory, yet matlab is unable to recognize it? How do I fix this?

One important change i've made is to make the choice not to calculate the first Lyapunov coefficient for the Hopf bifurcation, because my system is unable to deal with complex numbers ( as I use atan2 ), which are inherent in the process of calculating the coefficient. So I comment out the 'lyapunov' function call in the equilibrium.m file and go on to find other equilibrium pointsand bifurcations. Could this be a reason for the above error? If yes, how does matcont deal with odefiles which cannot process complex states.

Error while trying to continue limit cycle.

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/matcont/discussion/762214/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/