Menu

No convergence at x0

2019-08-25
2019-11-01
  • Sizhu Jiang

Sizhu Jiang - 2019-08-25

Hi,

I am using Matcont7p1 on Matlab 2019a. I am trying to solve the equilibrium for following coupled ODEs:
    dS/dt = Gamma*(N-N0)*S-S/tau_p+Gamma*beta*N/tau_c
    dN/dt = P - N/tau_c - (N-N0)*S

First, using orbit, i found the steady state value, then chose the last value as the initial point for equilibrium curve. However, it shows no convergence at x0. I already tried to increase the tolerant to very high, but it still shows the error. May I know what might be the problem? Thank you!

• Sizhu Jiang

Sizhu Jiang - 2019-08-25

Let me make it clearer,

Here, S and N are coordinates, and others are all parameters.
    The value is Gamma = 0.8, N0 = 2e24, tau_p = 1e-11, beta=0.25, tau_c=2e-9, P=5e33.

I can find steady state value when time interval is 50ns.
    However, when I tried to plot in equilibrium, I face the error of "no convergence at x0".

• hilmeijer

hilmeijer - 2019-11-01

The problem is that the order of magnitude of your constants is prohibitive. This results in numerical inaccuracies. You may try to rescale your variables such that each term in your equation is more comparable in magnitude.

Best regards, Hil Meijer

Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:25 AM
      To: [matcont:discussion]
      Subject: [matcont:discussion] No convergence at x0

Let me make it clearer,

Here, S and N are coordinates, and others are all parameters.
      The value is Gamma = 0.8, N0 = 2e24, tau_p = 1e-11, beta=0.25, tau_c=2e-9, P=5e33.

I can find steady state value when time interval is 50ns.
      However, when I tried to plot in equilibrium, I face the error of "no convergence at x0".

No convergence at x0

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/matcont/discussion/762214/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/