Menu

ROI extraction for a single subject

Help
2021-09-15
2021-09-28
  • Sejal Ghate

Sejal Ghate - 2021-09-15

Hi Dr. Brett,

We are currently working on a project to analyze PET scans of Alzheimer's' disease subjects acquired from a longitudinal multi-site study.

I was looking at the Marsbar tutorials as a tool to perform ROI extraction. Currently, we are aiming at analyzing only one of our subjects - I tried inserting the specific subject into the ROI extraction program, but it asks for a SPM.mat design file. This design file would correspond to some type of statistical analysis carried out between subject through SPM, as part of its model specification and estimation procedure. However, it would not be accurate to create a statistical model for one subject. I chose to ignore the design file parameter and go ahead with the extraction, but it did not take me further ahead.

I wanted to enquire if it is possible to carry forward this ROI extraction for single subjects - without specifying any contrasts or covariates - through the marsbar toolbox. The PET models defined through marsbar require either of these parameters to be input.

• Matthew Brett

Matthew Brett - 2021-09-28

Ah - sorry - I should have said - we've moved now, to https://marsbar.discourse.group/ - could you post again there? I'll reply as soon as I can.