From: Andre Eisenbach <andre@ei...> - 2004-05-21 21:50:25
I just checked in a bunch of changes to reduce the number of SQL queries=20
for the view_all_bug_page.php page.
Filtered bug rows are now added to the internal bug cache, which reduces=20
the number of queries by 1 per bug already. Then I also now cache the=20
attachment count for all bugs, which also reduces the query count by 1=20
per bug if attachment indicators are enabled in the list. And lastly I=20
use only one query to get the bugnote count and the last_modified date.=20
Which reduces the query count by 1 per bug IF it has a bugnote.
With the changes above I went from 290 queries to 111 with 90 bugs=20
displayed on one page. The page execution time also increased by about=20
25%. And thats on a fast server with MySQL 4 Query Caching enabled and=20
Turck MMCache - which is already very fast.
Comments and feedback would be apreciated.
It would be nice if somebody could test this on a very large (many bugs)=20
mantis installation and report the results (before/after).