Miscelaneous questions

Help
2006-09-10
2013-04-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi!

I have a few generic questions about mantaray.

- How to remove unused Destinations?
    When i ask for the Destination list from the WorldMap,  old and unused Destinations insist on showing up, I'm absolutely sure that there are no Consumers or Producers for them. Can they be removed somehow?

- Is there a practical limit to the number of topics that can be created
    I'm thinking half a million Topics and around 70 peers, is this feasible?

- I imagine that you guys have a in house test suite...  can you share it? :-)

- With the new release (2.0.1) there are some MSMQ integration bits, but I have no idea on how to use them.
    Is this for the commercial version only? Can you guys give some quick tutorial on how to use this new feature?

- Can you guys give a simple example of Hierarchical Topics?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Luis Neves

• Yuval Lubowich

Yuval Lubowich - 2006-09-12

Luis,

Sorry about the late response, we have been swamped with (paying :-)) support request.

To answer your questions:
      Take a look at
      http://www.coridan.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35&PID=161#161

There is no practical limit to the number of destination in the system, remember that they are purely virtual (nothing real exists...). Keep in mind that MantaRay does keep some information regarding peers in the system so eventually you will run out of memory (but 70 aren’t even scratching the surface).

Regarding the test suit, we do have an internal testing system called ATM. Parts of the ATM have been released to the community under the name Pisces (look for it in SF), At this time we are not ready to release the ATM to the community because it is not generalized enough (some thing which will change in the future I am sure).

The MSMQ Bridge was released to the community and is not part of the enterprise edition; the documentation will be integrated in the next release. I will make sure some one posts a few starter notes soon.

Hierarchical Topics are fully documented since MantaRay 1.8 (check the reference guide).

Hope this helps,
      Yuval Lubowich
      Chief Architect
      MantaRay Team

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

> Sorry about the late response, we have been swamped with (paying :-)) support request.

No worries. I fully understand.

> Take a look at 
        > http://www.coridan.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35&PID=161#161

I didn't know that forum... thanks!

> There is no practical limit to the number of destination in the system

Good... We are a small ISP and we playing it the idea of having a Topic for every user (Topic name = e-mail), don't know yet if this is a good idea.

> Hierarchical Topics are fully documented since MantaRay 1.8 (check the reference guide).

I know about the reference guide, but I'm trying to use Hierarchical Topics with a statically defined worldmap (with dynamic service creation enabled) and it doesn't work, it fails with:

javax.jms.JMSException: MNJMS0007D : FAILED ON METHOD createConsumer(). ERROR TEXT : No such Service /test/*
                at org.mr.api.jms.MantaSession.createConsumer(MantaSession.java:1073)

I can get it to work using the auto-discovery plugin, but our setup does not allow it, I only asked for the example because there could be some special switch in the API that I was missing.

Regards,
        Luis Neves

• aviad

aviad - 2006-09-13

Hi Luis

Well it looks like you messed up the configuration file with your testing.
          Topic Hierarchies has nothing to do with AutoDiscovery, so I guess you deleted some more parameters.

Topic Hierarchies have 3 configuration parameters in the configuration file which affects their behavior.

The code stays the same code as for any other topics/queues.

By the way what version are you using?

Aviad
          MantaRay team

• Nobody/Anonymous

> Hi Luis

> Well it looks like you messed up the configuration file with your testing.

The only difference between the test runs that fail and the ones that succeed is
            the removal of the auto discovery plugin stanza from the configuration file.

> Topic Hierarchies has nothing to do with AutoDiscovery, so I guess you deleted some more parameters.

No, I haven't.
            See here please:
            <http://websites.labs.sapo.pt/mantaray/Chat.zip>

I slightly changed the "samples/src/sample/jms/topics/Chat" example included in the distribution to subscribe to a Topic named "/foo/*".
            The RunSample1 sends messages to "/foo/topic1" and RunSample2 to "/foo/topic2". It all works well when using the default_config.xml, but not with the default_config_without_ad.xml

> The code stays the same code as for any other topics/queues.

Well,  then ... it probably should be different :-)

> By the way what version are you using?

The latest one, 2.0.1

Regards,
            Luis Neves

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      I was just trying to figue out how to refresh worldmap so that old agents don't show up anymore.
      It has been told that answer is located at http://www.coridan.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35&PID=161#161 
      However as the firm has been aquired, the web site&forums are closed.
      Could you please write down the solution here so that others can benefit from it.
      Thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks