Workflow with image and fractal resolution ?

Help
2014-03-17
2015-07-25
  • Camille Bissuel

Camille Bissuel - 2014-03-17

Hi,
    and first, thanks you for this very inspiring program ;)

I'm used to work with 3D software (Blender, etc.) but I'm new to the fractal world, and experimenting with Mandelbulber theses days.

Something bother me since the beginning, and I can't solve the issue on my own (your manual disappeared, or it became the website ?) :
    I try to render a picture in 8K resolution (8192x8192), but I can't wait 5 hours or more to test my rendering...

So I suppose the workflow is something like that :
    I create a picture in a very low resolution like 800x800 pixels, keeping rendering time under 2 or 3 minutes to be able to tweak it easily.
    When I'm happy, I upgrade the resolution to something like 2048x2048 to check on details...
    and finally, launch the final rendering to 8K, and the computer will work the whole night.

But, when I do that, parts of my fractals present in the very low resolution disappear progressively (small part on 2048x2048, big parts on 8192x8192)...
    an example file settings : http://yagraph.org/images/mirror-boat.fract
    (longs pikes get shorter increasing image resolution)

I have read here that I'm supposed to increase fractal resolution when increasing image resolution...

but how to increase fractal resolution ???
    I can't find the right setting... and testing each button on big resolution take forever... !

Many thanks in advance !

Last edit: Camille Bissuel 2014-03-17
  • CCV

CCV - 2015-07-25

Thanks for the tip, Camille. I actually read it here first and wasn't aware of that setting previously.

I figured it's divide Detail Level by the same number size of Image is multiplied, to get the same general appearance.
    Sometimes using a different setting is good for effect tho, I find

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks