From: Adler, Pedro Jorge <pedro.jorge.adler@gm...> - 2005-05-18 06:26:46
--- IT design course/workshop ---
what about BEST, IPLab, ... organising a workshop, course, event,
whatever (master thesis) where students would
- learn about IT design patterns
- solve IT design problems (from Makumba bugs or new featueres)
- practice by doing the code
we have examples from Bart+Johannes internship, Mak Congress and
post-Mak congress with Jure
there are different levels of difficulty:
- really coding can be done with BEST members that know makumba
internals already, but maybe in other situations this can be a bit
different. E.g. ppl coming to IPLab, to Vienna (while Cristi is there
or maybe Rudi can already guide them...)
- learn about IT design and design can be half dependent of Makumba,
depends on the bug or feature
so, depending on the people available, issues, facilities, etc this
could work in different ways, i.e., according to the situations
different events can be planned.
what do you think about this?
I don't mean to do it right away, but if you like the idea if
something that can be planned
maybe we can even have a IT design competition ;)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.