Blacklist not working

Help
2012-12-19
2013-05-29
  • Costin Rosca

    Costin Rosca - 2012-12-19

    Hi,

       I have an unexplained / unexplainable problem:  I created a mail gateway on virtual machine with postfix, spamassassin, clamav, mailscanner and mailwatch which works BEAUTIFULY ! I cloned this machine and use it as a template for another project, modifying all parameters that needed to be modified (domains, passwords, etc). After a time, my clients needed to blacklist some addresses. I showed them how to proceed and all was fine (I thought). Next day they claimed that blacklists doesn't work, it doesn't stop anything. I tried blacklisting a personal mail, sent the mail from that account and… surprise: the mail went through like there was nothing wrong, with a score of -2.6 !!!. I checked all: logs when MailScanner is starting, blacklist table from mailwatch SQL database, EVERYTHING ! ALL IS OK !!!  I talked with a colleague that is a perl programmer and tried to test sqlblacklwhitelist.pm, the blackllist subroutine with a test mail picked from queue. It doesn't return "1" no matter what i'm adding in blacklist table or in test mail.

    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP !!! I'm loosing my mind ! (Please, don't come with answers like "did you modified 'Is Definitely Spam = &SQLBlacklist' ", i've installed MailScanner and Mailwatch tens of times … )

     
  • Costin Rosca

    Costin Rosca - 2013-01-07

    UPDATE:
    Looks like whitelist is working, only blacklist is not working.

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks